Sunday, January 31, 2010

Band power of the void

1. I would call this story, 'The lottery and the black dot' because the main idea of the story is about picking up a black dotted paper by doing a lottery.

2. I thought Tessie Hutchinson needed to leave the village because when she picked the black dotted paper, she suddenly felt angry, disturbing and became wild. The other people said, the corns will become heavy after the lottery in June and it felt like the village has less people to eat the corn by making the winner leaving the village.

3. I felt confusing and curious about what is going to happen to Tessie Hutchinson and also to her family.

4. I felt like this was some kind of trick when I got the mysterious paper. I thought something funny and interesting (like jokes) will be in the paper. To be honest, I didn't follow the instructions because I just thought it was silly waiting till five o’ clock to open the paper.

5. I thought the black box and dot was somehow mysterious and religious because the black box was kept like a treasure inside the houses and they didn’t want to buy a new one even though it was so old. The black dot meant something bad. The blank papers made me think some kind of safety, ordinary and normal.

6. It was shocking and it made me speechless. The conclusion ended in an unexpected way and the black dot meant to kill the person. I didn’t like it because I don’t believe that the crops in the village will grow better by killing a person.

7. My predictions were half correct as they both meant bad thing but the answer was too strong. I didn’t know that the story is going to end so violently.

8. I could have read the story once over again and find out some facts which are going to help me predict.

9. The author wanted the readers to kind of feel unfinished and ask some questions about what things are going to happen to the people. The author wanted the readers to think more about the book.

10.

A= made the story unique and strange
B= made me curious ask questions
C=made me predict about the ending
D=made me feel disturbed and curious about what’s inside the paper
E=make me distracted but think more about the story
F=the setting of the story and the thought that this story might have been true in past times

No comments:

Post a Comment